A : Hospital Services
1. Various OPD Services in modern Medicine & Ayush are available in different ESIC Hospital such as General Medicine , Dermatology , Ophthalmology , Dental , Psychiatry , ENT , Orthopedic , General Surgery , Paediatrics etc.
2. a. OPD Timing (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Monday to Friday) and (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Saturday)
b. Special OPD for Senior Citizen and Differently abled Persons (3:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
c. Specialty Clinic:
3. In-Patient Services includes OT, ICU, PICU, NICU, CSSD, Kitchen, Laundry etc.
B : Diagnostic Services
1. Laboratory Services are available for various test.
2. Radiological Services :
a. X-rays, Doppler and Ultrasound are available.
b. In some Hospitals CT Scan / MRI Scan are also available.
3. Emergency Services:
a.. 24 hours emergencies Service is available.
b. Round the clock medical officer is available.
c. Patient requiring super-Specialty treatment are referred outside to empanelled Hospital.
4. Kitchen and Dietary Services:
a. Free Dietary Services are provided by Hospital.
b. Hygenic and healthy diets are served to the patient admitted in the wards and emergency.
5. Special Registration Counter:
A Special registration counter is available for differently able Persons and Senior Citizen.
6. Facilitation Center: A Facilitation center at the entrance of the Hospitals is available to guide Patients regarding treatment and availing various services Provided in the Hospital.
8. Pulmonary Function Test
C : Other Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Ambulance Service
- Bio-Medical waste management
- Health check- up camps.
- Academics: Periodical CMEs and case discussion are routinely held involving all Specialities.
D : New Initiatives under Health Reform Agenda of ESIC
ESIC- 2.0 :
- Electronic Health Records of ESI beneficiaries: The Health Records of the ESI Beneficiaries (Insured Persons and their family members) has been made available online now. The records also include laboratory reports in digital form and there will be no need to visit the hospital for getting the required information.
- Abhiyan Indradhanush: This is a manifestation of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in ESIC and has been implemented in all the ESIC Hospitals ensuring the change of bedsheets daily as per VIBGYOR pattern.
- A 24x7 Toll Fee Medical Helpline No. 1800-11-3839 has been set up for attending the calls of Insured persons and their Family members who wish to seek advice and guidance from casualty/emergency of ESIC Hospitals.
- Special OPD for Sr. Citizens and Differently-abled Persons in ESIC Hospitals has been started for hassle-free treatment.
- AYUSH: The AYUSH facilities has been extended to all ESIC Dispensaries and Hospitals.
Other salient features of Health Reforms Agenda:
- Extending Coverage: ESI scheme is being implemented in the remaining North-East States of Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur and Andaman & Nicobar Islands by 31.12.2015
- Health Scheme is being opened for selected group and unorganized workers like Rickshaw Pullers/Auto Rickshaw drivers in selected urban/metropoliton areas on pilot basis.
- ESI coverage has been extended to construction site workers in the implemented areas w.e.f 01.08.2015.
- ESI Scheme is being implemented in Industrial/Commercial clusters of the whole of 393 districts of the states.
Improving Patients / Attendant Care:
- Appropriate Cancer detection/treatment, cardiology and dialysis facilities in all the ESIC Hospitals have been provided on PPP Mode.
- A special Focus has been made for upgradation of 24 dispensaries to 30 bedded set up for providing 24x7 services in first phase.
- Pathological and X-ray facilities will be provided in all the Dispensaries on PPP Mode in Phases. Pathological, Laboratory and ECG Services have been started in ESI Dispensary of Delhi/Noida area from November, 2015.
- The tele-medicine project is expected to go live shortly in all the ESIC Hospitals.
- For better management for helping in registeration and Pharmacy, effective Queue management system is implemented in all hospitals. To establish better rapport between doctors and patients, doctors, Para medical and other staff is given behavioral training periodically. The System of collecting feedback form all indoor patients is already available in all hospitals. Reception and 'May I Help You' facilities in each hospital to guide the patients/attendants are also available.
Cleanliness drive in all ESIC Hospital under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan:
ESIC is taking special care to keep its hospitals neat and Clean. As a part of National Drive of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, The ESI Corporation has launched 2nd Phase of special Cleanliness Drive since 22nd June,2015. All the ESIC Hospitals have been directed to complete white-washing, painting of the building alongwith minor repair before Deepawali festival this year. The Hospitals have been directed to improve the horticulture in their Premises. Flower Pots are to be installed in the internal areas also for improving the ambience. All Service areas in the Hospitals will be well lit. Paper rolls may be used on the Examination bed in the doctor's chambers. Cleanliness of toilets have been given importance. The concerned Medical Superintendents have been asked for making arrangement for morning and evening monitoring.
Tracking of every Pregnant mother & new born: With a view to ensure 100% immunization as well as safe delivery, every mother and new born child of Insured Person, a pilot project for tracking every pregnant mother and new born is to be started in Delhi, for which coordination is being done with the state Programme Officer under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Mother and Child Care Hospital in every state: ESIC has constituted a Committee to prepare the norms for setting up a Mother and Child care Hospital in every state.
Besides Allopathic treatment, ESIC Hospitals also provide treatment under AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy). Ayurveda facility is available in 30 ESIC Hospitals and 9 ESIC Dispensaries and Homeopathy in 12 ESIC Hospitals and 5 ESIC Dispensaries and Yoga in 6 ESIC Hospitals. Facility of AYUSH are to be extended to all dispensaries in phases by December, 2015 and Yoga in all ESIC Hospitals by 30th November, 2015